How To Detect A Phishing Attack (and 3 tips for staying safe in your inbox)
Staying safe in your inbox is challenging. So challenging in fact that in 2020, 97% of users were unable to recognize a sophisticated phishing email.
WHAT’S THE RISK?
- 22% of all data breaches (in 2020) involved phishing attacks.
- The average loss of a spear phishing attack (in 2020) was $1.6 million USD.
- 78% of users claim to be familiar with the risks of unsolicited links in emails. And yet, they click on the links anyway.
- 1 in every 8 employees shares information on a phishing site.
- 1 in every 2 organizations was targeted by a ransomware attack in 2019. Data was successfully encrypted by attackers in 73% of these attacks.
- 1 in every 3 companies that suffered a ransomware attack paid the ransom and the average ransom demand is nearly $84,000 USD.
- 22% of all data breaches in 2020 involved phishing attacks.
With a risk this great, please take 4-minutes out of your day to learn our top 3 tips for staying safe in your inbox. And if you found this video helpful, please share it with friends, coworkers, and family to help keep more inboxes safe from phishing and ransomware attacks.
These tips are just part of the recipe required to protect your inbox, your people, and your business from cyber security threats. We recently published our top recommendations for protecting your organization from a data breach which you can read about here.
Looking for help protecting your organization? We’d love to help.